Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nine Eighteen Twelve

I whipped up this little baby blanket today while Macey was at school. The white fabric is a super soft sheet from Target, and the rest of the pieces are scraps from other projects.  I love a project that I can start and (mostly) finish in one day. This will be one of Beck’s Blankets*. Love these sweet gifts of love.
IMG_7875
IMG_7878
I think my favorite part of this quilt is the backing. Such a lovely little flower print. I picked it up a few years ago when it was on clearance and wish I’d have gotten a few more yards of it.
IMG_7881


*Each year we (myself, my amazing family, and some very, very generous friends) make enough quilts for each baby in the NICU at St. Mark’s Hospital. We deliver them on Christmas Eve to the staff at St. Mark’s and ask the staff to leave them for each family as they come to visit their babies on Christmas Day. We do this in honor of our son Beck, who passed away at St. Mark’s Hospital, and in honor of our daughter, Macey, who was the recipient of a beautiful gift the Christmas that she spent in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment