Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Eight Twenty-Nine Twelve

This was the project I worked on today while Macey took a little cat nap (is this really hot weather making anyone else feel like napping mid-day?). 
 
IMG_7753
 
It’s a sample block for a project that my friend Kersten and I are working on. Kersten mentioned a while back that she wanted to learn how to quilt. When I asked if she had a project in mind, she said she had a Pinterest board full of modern quilts that she really liked. I told her to send me a picture of one that she wanted to take a stab at. I spent a few nights studying the picture Kersten sent me and ultimately graphed each of the 16, 16-inch blocks out on paper.
 
IMG_7756
 
It’s not something I’ve ever done before and it has been so much fun. And believe it or not, I think it will be a very manageable project for a first time quilter. I can’t wait to get started with these beauties…
 
IMG_7758

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it finished! It looks like it's going to be so cool. :O)

    ReplyDelete